It’s about time for us to start working together to help reduce our negative impact on the environment, don’t you think?!!
I understand that this topic was addressed many times before; nevertheless, I still feel obliged to blog about it for many reasons… one of them being that a lot of people aren’t taking this matter into their own hands until this very day!!
It’s distressing to witness our bad impact on the environment… to the point where it’s threatening our own existence!!! Not to mention all other types of different beings coexisting with us on this beautiful planet.
I’d like to assume that we are clearly “aware” of the bad effects of our consumer life style, so I would conclude that the challenge we are dealing with here would simply come down to our daily “habits” (I won’t even delve into the passive method of thinking, … hearing comments like: Let “THEM” do something about it!!).
A sense of personal “responsibility” is critical at this point (think about it for a second.. when the corporate realm starts talking about it excessively, that should calculate in your head that something is seriously wrong!!) and changing our zombie consumer habits as quickly as possible is so vital for future generations to have a normal lifestyle or even survive!!!
Please don’t panic about it!!! There is nothing to worry about after all… this whole thing is infinite energy, so please don’t worry about it… worrying isn’t going to do us any good anyway. (while researching this topic; I’ve run across creepy warnings by many doomsayers who’d make it difficult for you to sleep properly at night believe me, screaming about environmental disasters, Chemtrails, FEMA, population reduction plans, the Apocalypse… Blah Blah Blah).
I’m not here to speculate the future or spread negativity at all… please understand that.
All I’m trying to do (in case someone is actually PAYING ATTENTION) is share some practical simple stuff that could help us reduce our negative impact on earth with you.
So without further ado, the bullet points below are listed for your considertion:
- At work, try to avoid hard copies as much as possible.
- Be tech savvy and try to send electronic files instead of printed documents, and leave the printing task and responsibility to your recipient.
- Use a digital To-Do-List instead of a physical note book or papers i.e.: your cell phone or laptop… (Even though it’s not advisable to do that on your goals and targets, as it has been proven scientifically that writing your desires using ink and paper with your own physical involvement is very critical to achieving them).
- Try to have all your mail and household bills delivered electronically. Switching to “tree-free” billing can save you space and help you to sort those bills online with a click of a button.
- If you have to print, try double-sided printing instead of single-sided printing.
- Instead of purging it, try using the single-sided printed papers you have as scrap paper to take notes… etc.
Now allow me to list some facts which might motivate you to think green.
Saving 1000KG of 100% percent “recycled” paper saves the equivalent of:
- 4,100 kWh of energy.
- 7,000 gallons of water.
- 60 pounds of air emissions.
- 3 cubic yards of landfill space!!
(Now please bear in mind that we are talking about “recycled” paper… so just imagine the damage that non-recycled paper could make).
- When doing your frequent shopping sessions, please try to lessen the number of plastic bags used to carry your shopping home to the minimum in case you forgot to take your reusable bags out with you.
Now if you find this post useful, please help me spread the word by sharing it amongst your loved ones and friends ~ I thank you for supporting the cause.
Note: Feel free to share additional green tips on the comments area below.
Ziyad Matar (Z Rain)